It’s time for another new Altenew Craft-a-Flower set! These African Daisies are so pretty and easy to put together! Also, Altenew is sponsoring a Giveaway. Here are the details:
ALTENEW GIVEAWAY: $200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 04/13/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/15/2022.
When I did some research on African Daisies, I fell in love with this particular example that has a blend of pink, purple and orange! I decided that I wanted to try to duplicate it! I did use a sparkle pen on the finished flowers, so it reflected a bit in the pic, but in real life, they look really similar! So I am happy with how they turned out. Keep reading if you want to know how I made my card. 😊
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED TO ALTENEW FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ for the background panel.
- Run this panel through a die cutting machine with the Woven Basket 3D Embossing Folder.
- Back a large piece of white cardstock with a Double-Sided Adhesive Sheet.
- ,Use the main die in the set as a pattern and lightly draw around it with a pencil.
- Make 3 of these large circles for each flower you want to make.
- Blend inks within this larger circle, making three concentric circles of purple, pink, and orange.
- I used Hydrangea, Pinkaliscious, and Autumn Blaze Crisp Dye Inks.
- In addition, do the same thing with the small bud, but blend the colors from the bottom to the top of the bud shape.
- Die cut all of the flower layers out, remove the release paper, and adhere them together according to the included Layering Guide.
- Choose a piece of blue and a piece of green patterned paper from the Altenew Blends Paper Pack & trim them to measure 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Place these 2 pieces on top of each other and cut a swerve to act as a mound of grass. You want to cut through the blue as well, because after cutting, these two pieces will fit together exactly at the seam.
- Use liquid glue to adhere the 2 pieces to an extra piece of cardstock cut to 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Also cut the flower stems from the same gradient green patterned paper.
- Use liquid glue to attach the flowers and stems to the blue/green panel.
- Add a strip of Graph Die Cut washi tape to resemble a white picket fence across the bottom of the panel.
- Stamp a sentiment onto white cardstock and die cut with the smallest tag from the Terrific Tags Die set. Adhere it to the fence with foam tape.
- Adhere the flower panel to the background panel with foam tape for dimension, and you’re all done!
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey!