It’s time for another new Altenew Build-a-Flower stamp & die set! Here is how Altenew describes the Belladonna Lily:
Brighten a loved one's day with stunning Belladonna Lilies. These gorgeous summer bloomers produce multiple fragrant flowers on each impressive stalk. In this stamp set, we have brought this exotic plant to paper through a delicately drawn outline image. The flowers have four coloring layers, and the stem has two coloring layers that will add depth and character to this beautiful flower. The Build-A-Flower: Belladonna Lilies special edition stamp and die set is only sold as a bundle. It includes one 6" x 8" clear photopolymer stamp set (20 individual stamp images) and one coordinating die set (1 die).
I love these Build-a-Flower Sets because they are so beautiful and textured after you stamp the various layers. I made this card for my daughter’s birthday because she loves lilies. I decided to do something very different for me — make a one-layer card to go easily through the mail. However, I still wanted to add some texture and dimension to the card. See below to find out how I tried to make that happen!
ALTENEW GIVEAWAY: $200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 04/06/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/08/2022.
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED TO ALTENEW FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut a piece of ivory cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Stamp all of the lilies on the card panel. I wanted this to look very soft, so I used a warm gray to stamp the outline layer, rather than black ink.
- Stamp the outline layer of the stamp twice on Masking Paper.
- Cut out the masks and layer them on the stamped flowers.
- Lay the Narrow Brick Stencil diagonally over the masked flowers.
- Use a light warm gray to ink through the stencil to create a textured background for the flowers. Remove the masks.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the card panel with Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Adhere the panel to a 4″ x 5 1/2″ framing panel of colored cardstock.
- Adhere both panels to a dark gray background panel (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″).
- Add a few embellishments. (I used dark gray pearls.)
- You’re finished! 😊
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey!