If you have read many of my blog posts, you know that I LOVE 3D embossing folders! So this Altenew Blog Hop was right up my alley! As usual, I tried to use three different techniques with these cards to give you an idea of the versatility that you can achieve with 3D embossing!
If you are interested in learning even more techniques with these folders, I led a comprehensive workshop last summer. The unedited video is posted on my YouTube Channel here. I also have a few other tutorials, such as using 3D Embossing Folders with Washi Tape and with Tissue Paper. I hope you will check them out!
ALSO, there is a GIVEAWAY from Altenew for this Blog Hop! [See below for details!]
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
My first card is made with the Cherry Plum Blossom Folder:
- For the background panel I used a piece of green cardstock with the Fringe 3D Embossing Folder.
- I ran a piece of white cardstock through with the Cherry Plum Blossom 3D Embossing Folder.
- I used the Detailed Blending Brushes to color the flowers and leaves with Frosty Pink and Frayed Leaf Pigment Inks. Then I used the fine tip of a Zig Twin-Tipped Blending Marker to color the centers of the flowers & leaf stems with Coral Berry & Frayed Leaf Pigment Ink.
- I wanted this card to have a delicate pastel “feel” to it!
- I cut down the colored panel and stamped the sentiment (from the Inside and Out: Thanks Stamp Set) with Forest Glades Pigment Ink.
- I trimmed a piece of pink cardstock to be just slightly larger than the floral panel, to give it a very thin pink frame.
- I adhered the floral panel to the pink panel with Ultra Sticky Double-Sided tape.
- I adhered that combined panel to the green background panel with Foam Tape to give the card dimension.
- Finally I added some pink pearls as embellishments. 😊
For my second card, I used the Vintage Lace 3D Embossing Folder & the coordinated coloring stencils:
- The first step was running a piece of white cardstock with the Vintage Lace 3D Embossing Folder.
- Next I colored the floral image using the Detailed Blending Brushes and the coordinating Coloring Stencils with Sugarplums and Nature’s Wonders color families of Crisp Dye Inks.
- I cut a panel of Woodgrain White Cardstock to match the white floral panel. (It’s difficult to see the woodgrain in the photo, but it really gives a lot of texture in person!)
- Next I used the Nesting Oval Dies to cut a large oval window out of the woodgrain cardstock panel.
- I attached the woodgrain panel with the oval window to the background floral panel with Foam Tape to add dimension. I wanted it to look like a white wooden picture frame. The oval shape reminds me of the vintage feel of the stamp.
- I used the Fancy Hugs Die to cut the sentiment out of Gilded Ombre Washi Tape to add a little interest to it.
- I used a combination of liquid glue and foam tape to attach the sentiment to the card.
- Finally I added some pearls (white that I colored with an Amethyst Artist Alcohol Marker) as embellishments.
For my third card, I used the Motif Tile 3D Embossing Folder:
- The background panel is made with black cardstock that I ran through with the Organic Linen 3D Embossing Folder.
- To make the pink background panel, I cut a piece of white cardstock and ran the Coral Berry Pigment Ink pad around the 4 edges to create a pink outer border.
- While that ink was drying, I ran a second white cardstock panel through with the Motif Tile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Next I took the same Coral Berry Pigment Ink pad and ran it across the raised pattern on the panel.
- Then I cut a smaller panel out of the 3D panel using the Mixed and Match Frames Die Set so that the main panel would have a deckled edge.
- I decided that the card needed a small floral image for more interest, but nothing too big because I wanted the beautiful tile design to show.
- I chose the Wild About You layered floral stamp set. I once again used pigment inks from the Red Cosmos & Green Fields color families for the layers.
- I attached the stem & leaf with liquid glue, and the flower with Foam Tape to give it dimension.
- I cut the sentiment from the Simple Greetings Stamp Set, using another Coral Berry inked panel for the top layer, and black cardstock for the shadow layer.
- I used foam tape to attach the sentiment.
- To assemble the card, I used Ultra Sticky Double-Sided Tape to attach the white panel to the pink-edged panel. Then I used Foam Tape to attach those panels to the black background panel.
- Finally I added some black enamel dots for embellishments.
Giveaway Prizes: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 05/29/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 05/31/2022.
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey! ?
Also, please check out my YouTube Channel! I would love to have you subscribe! Thanks.
If you didn’t start at the beginning of the Hop, go back to the Altenew Card Blog. The blogger before me is Natasha Davies. After my blog, you should visit Susan Stagno. See you next time!
My gosh these are pretty. I don’t usually pay attention to embossing folders much, but you make them really stand out. All of the designers have….
Gorgeous cards, Sande
I’m a huge fan of 3D folders too and your projects are lovely inspiration.
I love all the cards you made and the new embossing 3D folders.
I also love the colors you chose for each one.
You make such pretty cards Sande!
Love your cards! The vintage lace is so pretty I ordered it right away because it has a stencil to go with! I don’t how you color those Cherry Plum Blossoms so well without a stencil!
Your cards are marvelous! I really like the way you layered embossing folders! Thank you.
These are stunning! I LOVE the flowers and the textures!
Just beautiful, Sande. I have already bought the Vintage Lace folder and stencils. Yay for Altenew once again.
These are really Beautiful cards!!!
LOVE the first card. Beautiful!!!
Gorgeous, thanks for the inspiration.
I love your cards. they are inspirational!
I always like your cards!
The colors you choose and the layering are always spot on.
Beautiful cards – I love what you did with the folders!
I love the background and colors on the third card.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Great cards. The cherry blossoms card is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.
Love the frame of the Vintage Lace card! The Cherry Plum Blossom card is colored so sweetly! Thanks for all the inspiration!
Such pretty cards!
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
Wow! So gorgeous, I love them done in black and white and then in color!
I love your soft approach to the cherry blossoms! It’s really gorgeous!
Wow amazing I can’t get enough of the Cherry Plum Blossom but I’m loving the Motif and Vintage Lace too!
These cards are all GORGEOUS! I really enjoyed checking them out. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.
Great cards, Sande!
Such lovely cards! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Comments are closed.