Every year Altenew hosts a Celebrating Parents Card Drive, which is such a wonderful cause! The goal is to send cards to the elderly who live in nursing homes or shelters to let them know that they’re not forgotten. Please consider making and donating cards to the Drive! You can find out all the details here.
ALTENEW GIVEAWAY: $200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/30/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/01/2022. ALTENEW GIVE BACK: Altenew has selected several stamp sets that you may want to use in your donated cards (or any other cards!). They will donate $1 with every order of the stamp sets from 3/6/2021 until 5/31/2021 to the Food Bank of Central New York to support seniors in need. Here is a list of the stamp sets included:
- Beautiful Lady Stamp Set
- Extra Special Stamp Set
- Family Matters Extras Stamp Set
- Family Matters Stamp Set
- Mother’s Love Stamp Set
- Penned Rose Stamp Set
- Precious Moments stamp set
- Simply the Best Stamp Set
- Thanks Around the World Stamp Set
- Thanks, Dad Stamp Set
- Travel Boots Stamp Set
- Wild Hibiscus Stamp Set
- World’s Best Dad Stamp Set
- You Are Everything Stamp Set
- Paint-A-Flower: Lotus Outline Stamp Set
- Paint-A-Flower: African Daisy Outline Stamp Set
- Say Yes Stamp Set
- Tufted Chair Stamp Set
- Modern Eucalyptus Stamp Set
- Cuddly Bear Stamp Set
- Bold Heels Stamp Set
- Doodled Triangles Stamp Set
- Sweet Cake Stamp Set
- Inky Lily Stamp Set
- Modern Alphabet Stamp Set
I am posting two cards in this year’s hop — one (for mom) is pretty typical for me and my style. The other (for dad) is out of my comfort zone and experimental in using geometrics for masculine cards! Check out how to make the cards below….
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED TO ALTENEW FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
FOR THE MOM’S CARD:
- Stamp the Altenew Inky Bouquet with sticky embossing ink onto watercolor paper.
- Heat emboss the outline with white embossing powder.
- Very simply watercolor the flowers and leaves. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut the Lacy Panel Die from white cardstock.
- Choose a colored cardstock for your main card panel and trim it to be 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Die cut the right and left edges of the colored panel using the Creative Edges: Scalloped Scallops Die.
- Use Embossing Ink to stamp the sentiment (also from the Inky Bouquet set) on the colored panel and heat emboss it with white emossing powder.
- Attach the colored panel to your card base (white) with sticky tape or liquid glue.
- Adhere the Lacy Panel to the colored panel with liquid glue.
- Die cut or fussy cut the watercolored bouquet and adhere it on top of the Lacy Panel with foam tape for dimension.
- Add some pearl embellishments and you’re done!
FOR THE DAD’S CARD:
- This card is SUPER EASY!
- Make a 4 3/4″ square card base from 110# white cardstock.
- Cut a 4 3/4″ square piece of gray cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment on the lower left corner of the large gray square with Obsidian Black Pigment Ink.
- I used the Label Love Stamp Set.
- Trim the black square grid patterned paper to be 4 3/4″ square.
- Use low tack tape to temporarily attach the black patterned paper square to the front of the white card base.
- Trim the left lower corner of both pieces at the same time. [You choose the angle, but be sure that it is large enough!]
- Remove the low tack tape to separate the paper and card base again.
- Cut a 1/4″ strip of orange cardstock. Glue this strip to the back of the angled edge of the black grid paper, leaving a narrow edge of orange showing.
- Adhere the gray 4 3/4″ square cardstock to the INSIDE BACK of the card base using double sided adhesive tape.
- Adhere the angled black grid panel to the FRONT of the card base with double-sided tape, allowing the orange strip to stick out slightly on the edge.
- Die cut four 11/4″ squares from colored cardstocks that match the tiny squares on the black grid paper.
- Use liquid glue or double-sided sticky tape to adhere the squares to the patterned paper in a diagonal row, as illustrated in the card photo.
- That’s it! You’re done!
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey!