This is such a great release for me because I truly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 3D Embossing Folders! I have a huge collection of them and use them all the time. I did a workshop on them last summer. If you are looking for ideas, check out the unedited workshop video on my YouTube Channel here.
I made 4 cards for this Blog Hop, each using a 3D Folder in a slightly different way. You can check out the directions for each below and try it yourself!
PLUS, there is a GIVEAWAY from Altenew! [See below for details!]
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
For my first card, I used both the Sylvan Baroque & Flower Bed folders. To make the card:
- Start with the background panel. Wrap a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock with Monochrome Wide Washi Tape.
- Run this panel through your die cutting machine with the Flower Bed 3D Folder to give it dimension and texture.
- Cut a piece of blue cardstock to be 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Run this panel through your die cutting machine with the Sylvan Baroque 3D Folder.
- Use a white pigment ink pad to lightly swipe across the raised pattern on the panel.
- Cut a piece of off-white or white cardstock as a framing panel measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Attach the blue panel to the white one with double-sided tape.
- Cut a vellum strip to match your chosen sentiment. [I used Fancy Greetings.]
- Use an anti-static tool & heat emboss the sentiment with Crisp White Embossing Powder.
- Use a strip of Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets on the back of the vellum. Remove the release strip and place the sentiment on the card panel, wrapping the ends to the back.
- Adhere the whole panel to the background panel with foam tape for dimension.
- Add some Satin White Sequins for embellishment, and you’re done! 🙂
For my second card, I used the cute Eggscentric Folder. To make this card:
- Start by wrapping a 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock with Rainbow Stripes Wide Washi Tape.
- Run the panel through your die cutting machine with the Eggscentric Folder. (This adds much more texture than what it looks like in the pic!)
- Wrap the left edge of a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ background panel with a strip of Narrow Rainbow Washi Tape.
- Attach the front panel to the back panel with foam tape to add dimension.
- Die cut a large sentiment for the front of the card. I chose the Fancy Yay Die.
- I actually cut my sentiment out of a piece of cardstock covered with Blue Watercolor Wide Washi Tape.
- Wrap a piece of red satin ribbon around the left edge & tie.
- Add rainbow enamel dots for embellishments. That’s it! A party in a card! 🙂
For my third card, I used the Flower Bed Folder again. To make it yourself:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Ink through the Blobby Roses Coloring Stencil on the panel.
- I used the Cherry Blossom & Tropical Forest Dye Ink Color Families.
- Outline the flowers and leaves with a silver gel pen.
- Run the white, stenciled cardstock panel through your die cutting machine with the Flower Bed 3D Embossing Folder. This adds a lot of texture!
- Cut a vellum strip to match the width of your sentiment. I used Storybook Sentiments.
- Use an anti-static tool & heat emboss the sentiment on the vellum with Antique Silver Crisp Embossing Powder.
- Attach a strip of Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets to the vellum. Remove the release paper & attach to the card panel, wrapping the ends to the back.
- Prepare the background panel (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) by using Purple Wine Washi Tape & Silver Glitter Tape on the edges.
- Adhere the front panel to the background panel with foam tape for dimension.
- Finished! ?
For my final card, I used the Checkered Diamonds Folder. To make this card:
- Start by die cutting the Flowing Foliage Dies out of gold metallic cardstock.
- Make the background panel by die cutting the Cross Stitch Canvas Die from some white cardstock. [This automatically cuts a panel that measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.]
- Cut a 2″ x 5 1/2″ strip of white cardstock and use Gold Foil Washi Tape along the left & right edges.
- Run a piece of white cardstock through your die cutting machine with the Checkered Diamonds Folder.
- Use an anti-static tool on the embossed cardstock.
- Use a brush or finger dauber with Embossing Ink on top of the raised diamonds.
- Heat emboss with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder.
- Cut a strip the width of 2 gold diamonds, and adhere it to the gold-edged cardstock strip using double-sided tape.
- Use liquid glue to adhere the gold leaves to the background panel (toward the right edge).
- Attach the gold-edged strip to the background panel to cover the ends of the leaves & inset from the left edge about 1/2″.
- Choose a sentiment to die cut. I used the Simple Greetings Sentiment Die, cutting the background shadow out of white & the foreground sentiment out of gold cardstock.
- Glue the sentiment to the card with liquid glue.
- Add some Antique Gold Sequins as embellishments.
- All finished! 🙂
GIVEAWAY: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/31/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/02/2022.
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey! ?