Today I’m excited to be joining in Altenew’s Blog Hop for the release of the Mini Delight: You’re a Classic stamp set! LOL – I have to admit that this is from my era. The photo is of a 1967 Pontiac GTO. My hubby and I started dating in 1967. So this card is in his honor! 😎
Classic cars always remind me of chrome and black & white checkerboard garage floors, so that was my inspiration for my card. See below to find out how I interpreted my vision!
There is also an Altenew Giveaway with this hop. Check out my Instagram post (@sandespoema) for the details!
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED TO ALTENEW FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
- For the background panel I used the Waffled Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder on shiny silver cardstock.
- I cut the next background layer from black cardstock, and the black & white grid is from the Essential Black & White Paper Pack.
- I then stamped the card and all of its elements onto white cardstock using Crisp Dye Inks & a silver gel pen to add the chrome.
- I also stamped the “you are a” sentiment from a stamp in my stash using Obsidian Black Pigment Ink.
- I die cut the car panel & a black background panel using the Fine Frames Diamond Dies.
- I die cut the included “Classic” sentiment from black cardstock and coated it with Glossy Accents to make it look like shiny plastic.
- I adhered the different layers together with double-sided tape and Foam Tape.
- Finally I added red pearls as embellishments.
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey!
I’d also appreciate you checking out my YouTube Channel. I post all of the raw videos from my Zoom workshops there, as well as several other video tutorials. Thanks!
See you next time! 😊