It’s time for another Craft-Your-Life Kit from Altenew! This one is call Florescence, and includes a large stamp set, coloring stencils and a 3D Embossing Folder. I can hardly believe it, but I think for the first time ever, I chose not to focus on the embossing folder, but rather to try to make one-layer (or close to) cards.
This is mostly due to living in Alaska, and 99% of the people who I know and love are far away. So all of my cards have to go through snail mail, and there’s quite an extra charge for thicker cards or those that have to be hand-stamped. So for this kit I decided to go against my “norm” and see what I could create that are mostly flat but still interesting. I think that, for the most part, I succeeded!
Enjoy floral florescence with stunning flowering blooms. Stamp the two elaborate clusters of poppies, chrysanthemums, and daisies to bring floral beauty to your projects. They are perfect to fill card backgrounds or frame your scrapbook layouts. Color the floral intricacies with watercolor or brush markers for a vibrant touch. Finally, stamp any of the uplifting sentiments or quotes to brighten a loved one’s day. Enjoy our Craft Your Life Project Kit, an exciting monthly package that is sure to get the creative juices flowing! Featuring a 6×8 stamp set, coordinating die set, as well as a stencil set and embossing folder to fit the theme, this project kit has almost everything you need to start crafting. Just add ink and cardstock, and you’ll be good to go!
ALSO, there is a GIVEAWAY from Altenew for this Blog Hop! [See below for details!]
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
My first card is made with the Florescence Stamp & Washi Tape:
- For the edged background panel, I used a Vineyard Crisp Dye Ink Cube to make a colored edge around the panel.
- The main panel is made of cream-colored cardstock.
- First I cut a piece of Masking Paper to mask off a wide diagonal stripe across the card.
- After the masking was in place, I stamped both of the triangle floral stamps on opposite corners of the panel.
- I removed the masking paper & used a Vineyard Artist Alcohol Marker and a ruler to draw straight lines edging the diagonal stripe.
- Next I stamped the sentiment (from the set) onto the card with Vineyard Crisp Dye Ink.
- I fussy cut several flowers from the Floral Flurries Wide Washi Tape and adhered them to both sides of the diagonal stripe with a combination of glue and Foam Tape.
- Finally, I colored some plain pearls with the Vineyard Artist Marker and glued them in place as embellishments.
For my second card, I used the Florescence Stamp & Coloring Stencils:
- I wanted the overall feeling of this card to be very soft.
- The background panel is a yellowy-cream cardstock that I used with the Window Slats 3D Embossing Folder.
- I stamped the triangular floral stamp with Morning Frost Crisp Dye Ink instead of black in order to enhance the softness.
- I used the Coloring Stencils with the Detailed Blending Brushes to color the image.
- Next I fussy cut the edge of the flowers and ran the tip of a Morning Frost Artist Alcohol Marker along the edge
- I attached the floral panel to the background with Foam Tape to add dimension.
- The sentiment is from the kit. I heat embossed it with Platinum Crisp Embossing Powder, & cut it out with the Apothecary Jar Label Dies.
- Finally I added some light peach pearls as embellishments.
For my third card, I used the Florescence Stamp again:
- The background panel is made with some rose gold metallic cardstock.
- The front panel is pastel rose cardstock.
- I stamped the triangular floral with Embossing Ink and heat-embossed it with Rose Gold Crisp Embossing Powder.
- Next I stamped the sentiment from the kit and also embossed it in rose gold.
- At this point I decided that the card was really TOO plain & uninteresting, so I stamped the floral again, heat embossed it with rose gold, & then fussy cut the largest flower.
- I added the extra flower onto the corner with some Foam Tape for some extra dimension, and it had the desired effect!
- I adhered the floral panel onto the background panel with Foam Tape & then added some pink pearl embellishments.
Giveaway Prizes: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $ 25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 05/18/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 05/20/2022.
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey! ?
Also, please check out my YouTube Channel! I would love to have you subscribe! Thanks.