I LOVE the idea of “Gardens Around the World!” It makes me think of one of my favorite places to visit: Butchart Gardens in Victoria, British Columbia. It is an amazing place, with a variety of amazing gardens that display flowers from all around the globe. So I am really excited to be a Guest Designer for this new Altenew release!
I actually made 5 cards for this Blog Hop, and am going to share the instructions for 3 of the 5. There are pics of the other 2 bonus cards at the bottom of the page. 😊
PLUS, there is a GIVEAWAY from Altenew! [See below for details!]
- Get a FREE brand new Gardens Around the World Mini Inspiration Guide with every order from 04/14/2022 through 04/16/2022. Shop HERE!
- Get a FREE brand new Gardens Around the World Stamp & Die Release Inspiration Guide Ebook (worth $5.99) with every order of high-value Sweet Moments Bundles. Shop HERE! *Exclusions apply.
- Get a FREE brand new Online Cardmaking Class with every order from the new Gardens Around the World Stamp & Die Release Collection from 04/14/2022 through 04/20/2022. Shop HERE!
GIVEAWAY: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 04/20/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/22/2022.
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
For my first card, I used the small flower cluster in the Castle Garden Stamp Set:
- Start with the background panel. Cut a piece of colored cardstock to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Run this panel through your die cutting machine with the Mod Squares 3D Embossing Folder.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Run this white panel through your die cutting machine with the Blossoming Branches 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the small floral cluster onto a piece of white cardstock with Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Heat emboss this image with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Use Watercolor Brush Markers to watercolor the flowers and leaves.
- After the image is dry, die cut the floral cluster.
- Stamp the sentiment onto white cardstock with colored ink. Then heat emboss it with Clear Embossing Powder, and trim around it.
- Attach the white panel to the colored background panel with foam tape for dimension.
- Adhere the floral image to the white panel with liquid glue.
- Adhere the sentiment with foam tape.
- Add a few embellishments. [I used teal sequins.]
For my second card, I used the Meadow Reflections Stamp. I wanted this card to have an Asian “feel.”:
- Start by wrapping a 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of cardstock with Blue Watercolor Wide Washi Tape.
- Stamp two plants & a butterfly from the set onto the washi panel with Obsidian Black Pigment Ink.
- IMPORTANT: I wasn’t even sure that stamping pigment ink onto washi tape would work! What I found was that you need to let the ink set overnight. Then use a paper towel to gently blot the image to remove any ink that may still be wet.
- Trim a piece of black cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Run it through your die cutting machine with the Floating Foliage 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the blue panel to the black panel with foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment onto black cardstock. Heat emboss it in white, then die cut with the Featured Sentiments Die.
- Adhere to the card with foam tape.
- Add some black embellishments.
For my third card, I used the Morning Flowers Set. To make it yourself:
- Cut a piece of colored cardstock to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- On the left edge, score several lines 1/4″ apart to add some texture.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Use the Lapis Lazuli Slim Washi tape to make 4 horizontal stripes on the white card panel.
- Run this white panel through your die cutting machine with the Garden Harmony 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the white panel to the background panel with foam tape, aligning the right edges together.
- Use the Layering Guide to stamp the small floral cluster and leaf cluster onto white cardstock.
- Die cut the flower image and leaves.
- Adhere the the flowers to the front of the white panel with a mixture of liquid glue & foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment on white cardstock and die cut with a circle die. Adhere it with foam tape.
- Add some embellishments.
These are the additional 2 cards I made with the Castle Gardens and Meadow Reflections Sets:
Thanks for joining me today! I would love to have you become a member of my Facebook Cardmaking Community! It’s a great place to find friends, encourage others, and be supported in your cardmaking journey! ?