Today I am so happy to be participating in Altenew’s Blog Hop celebrating the release of the latest Craft Your Life Kit! I love these kits because they come full of coordinated products that all work together so well! This month’s kit includes a large floral stamp set, a set of 4 coloring stencils, dies, and a 3D embossing folder!
I decided to make a variety of three cards for the blog hop, but I will be able to use this kit to make many more with a variety of mix-and-match elements!
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
Follow these steps to make the first card:
- Cut a piece of colored cardstock to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ for the background panel.
- Run this piece through your die cutting machine with the Altenew Garden Harmony 3D Embossing Folder.
- Use a stamp platform (like a Misti) to stamp the large floral stamp on a piece of white cardstock.
- I used a light gray ink for the outline because I didn’t want it to be a bold black on the finished flowers.
- Use the set of coloring stencils to color the image.
- I used Blush, Rouge, Buttercream & Green Fields Crisp Dye Inks for my flowers and leaves.
- After you have finished coloring, use the Deckled Edge die in the Mix & Match Die Set to cut out a rectangular section of the floral image.
- Use a Fine Liner pen to emphasize the centers of the flowers.
- Attach the floral panel to the background panel with foam tape for dimension.
- Stamp the “miss you” sentiment onto white cardstock, and die cut it with one of the small tags in the Terrific Tags Die Set.
- Finish your card by adding some embellishments to the flower centers & attaching the sentiment tag with some ribbon and a bow.
Follow these steps to make Card #2:
- Stamp the large floral die on a piece of white cardstock with Obsidian Black Pigment Ink.
- Heat emboss the image with clear embossing powder.
- Cut this panel down to measure 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of bright cardstock to measure 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Glue the pink panel to the background panel of patterned paper.
- Use foam tape to adhere the floral panel to the back two panels.
- Stamp the sentiment on black cardstock with embossing ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Die cut the sentiment with the Featured Sentiments die set.
- Attach the sentiment with foam tape.
- Add embellishments to the flower centers. [I used bright pink pearls.]
To make Card #3, follow these directions:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 4 3/4″ square.
- Run the square panel through a die cutting machine with the Kit 3D Embossing Folder.
- Use the Coloring Stencils to color all of the images with Detailed Blending Brushes.
- I used Crisp Dye Inks from the Tranquility, Sugarplums, Rose Petal, Summer Afternoon & Green Meadows Color Families.
- Cut a panel of colored cardstock to measure 5″ square.
- Cut a strip of vellum for the sentiment.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the strip with embossing ink and heat emboss with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder.
- Wrap the sentiment strip around the front panel and secure on the back with double-sided adhesive tape.
- Adhere the floral panel to the background panel with foam tape to add dimension.
- Finally, add some embellishments. (I used pink pearls.) All done!
GIVEAWAY: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $ 25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 04/18/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/20/2022.