This is such a great new Altenew Collection, with a wide variety of choices in all of the new supplies! I made four very different cards. Check out below to see the steps to make each one! PLUS, there is both a GIVEAWAY and some FREE GIFTS available, so see the bottom of the post for details on those!
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
For my first card, I used the super cute “Cat Life” stamp & die set. To make the card:
- Stamp the 2 layers of the cat that is looking away from you. Then die cut it!
- Use the Cloud Scene Stencil to make the front card panel. I used Eastern Sky Crisp Dye Ink.
- Use Gradient Lines & Delicate Stripes Washi Tape to create a “windowsill” for the kitty.
- Use the Fine Liner Pen Set to draw a few birds on the sky.
- Die cut the Mega Stamp Frames Die and the “Miss You” sentiment from the same set out of white cardstock.
- Use narrow foam tape to attach the white frame to the panel, to give the illusion of a window frame.
- Adhere the sentiment with liquid glue.
- Adhere the whole panel to a background panel of black cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) with double-sided adhesive tape.
- Attach the kitty with foam tape for dimension. That’s it!
For my second card, I used the amazing Endless Flourescence stamp. A gorgeous floral! To make this card:
- NOTE: This is a large stamp, so I made a 5″ x 7″ card.
- Cut a piece of vellum that measures 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″.
- Use an anti-static tool, then stamp the image onto the vellum using Embossing Ink.
- Heat emboss with Crisp White Embossing Powder.
- Use alcohol markers to color in the BACK of the images on the vellum.
- I used Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Rouge, Coral Bliss, Frayed Leaf & Forest Glades.
- Attach a piece of Double-Sided Adhesive Sheet to the back of the vellum.
- Remove the release paper & adhere the vellum to a piece of cream-colored cardstock.
- Choose ribbon & wrap it around this panel and tie a knot.
- Stamp a sentiment onto white cardstock with Coral Bliss ink. I used the Fancy Greetings set.
- Die cut the sentiment with the Terrific Tags Die Set & tie a bow through it to attach the tag.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the vellum panel to a 5″ x 7″ background panel. Finished! 🙂
For my third card, I used the Floral Sprig Simple Coloring Stencil. To make it yourself:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Stencil one sprig of the floral using both layers of the Simple Coloring Stencil in the bottom left corner of the panel.
- I used the Sugarplums and Green Fields Dye Ink Color Families.
- Use the Amethyst Ink Cube to make inked edges on the L & R sides of a cardstock background panel (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″).
- Also blend the Amethyst ink onto a piece of cardstock large enough to cut the Framed Thanks die.
- After the ink is dry, die cut the Framed Thanks die from the ink-blended panel.
- Run the white, stenciled cardstock panel through your die cutting machine with the Window Slats 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the Framed Thanks die cut onto the white panel with liquid glue.
- Attach the whole panel onto the background panel (with the inked edges) with foam tape to add dimension.
- Attach some embellishments for a final flourish. (I used some plum-colored pearls.)
- That’s it! You’re all done! ?
For my final card, I used the Rosy Blooms stamp set. Another gorgeous floral! To make this card:
- Make a background panel by running some white cardstock through your die cutting machine with the Cross Stitch Canvas Die. (It automatically cuts the panel to be 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Use an anti-static tool on a piece of royal blue cardstock that measures 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Stamp several of the pieces of the stamp set onto the blue card panel, using Embossing Ink. [Leave room for the sentiment!]
- Heat emboss with Crisp White Embossing Powder.
- Use a Swiffer or soft cloth to wipe off the excess anti-static powder.
- Color all of the images with a WHITE colored pencil.
- Use various shades of blue, green and yellow colored pencils to color & shade the images directly on top of the white pencil.
- Choose a sentiment to either stamp or die cut. I used the Simple Greetings die set, cutting the shadow sentiment from white cardstock and the top sentiment from the same blue cardstock.
- Hint: I used a piece of Double-Sided Adhesive Sheet on the back of both before die cutting to make it easier to adhere them together!
- Attach the blue panel to the white background panel with foam tape for dimension.
- Add a few embellishments, and you’re finished!?
GIVEAWAY: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/10/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 03/12/2022.
FREE GIFTS: 1. Get a FREE brand new Folktales & Stories Mini Inspiration Guide with every order from 03/04/2022 through 03/06/2022. Shop HERE! 2. Get a FREE brand new Folktales & Stories Stamp & Die Release Inspiration Guide Ebook (worth $5.99) with every order of high-value Sweet Moments Bundles. Shop HERE! *Exclusions apply. 3. Get a FREE brand new Online Cardmaking Class with every order from the new Folktales & Stories Stamp & Die Release Collection from 03/04/2022 through 03/10/2022. Shop HERE!