Today I am so happy to be participating in Altenew’s Blog Hop celebrating the release of the Craft-a-Flower: Sunburst Azalea! When I heard the name “Sunburst,” I was expecting these flowers to be yellow. But when I looked them up, I found this beautiful peach color that I just love! So that was the inspiration for my card.
This was a very easy card to make, believe it or not! Just review the easy steps below and you can create your own version!
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
Follow these steps to make this card:
- Start with a piece of 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ cardstock.
- Run this through your die cutting machine using the Dotted Scales Debossing Die. (I love debossing to add subtle texture to card backgrounds.)
- Prepare a background panel (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) by using Gold Foil 1″ Washi Tape on the left & right edges.
- Adhere a strip of Leafy Dreams Washi Tape on the left edge of the debossed front panel.
- Choose cardstock for your flower petals and leaves.
- I used white cardstock for the largest petals.
- I used the Red Cosmos & Green Meadows Gradient Cardstock Sets for the other petals and leaves.
- Adhere Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets to the back of the cardstock you choose.
- Die cut the flower petals and 2 sets of leaves out of the cardstock according to the directions.
- Use a finger dauber with matching inks (Frosty Pink & Coral Berry) to add some texture and dimension to the flower petals.
- Take the release paper off of the individual pieces and adhere them to each other according to the directions.
- Arrange all of the elements on the front panel in a way that pleases you.
- Adhere the top flower and all of the leaves by removing the release papers & attaching them to the panel.
- Adhere the lower group of flowers with foam tape or squares to give it some dimension.
- Use foam tape to adhere the card panel to the background panel with the gold washi edges.
- Add your choice of sentiments. I used “thanks” from the Signature Words Die Set.
- Add some embellishments [Antique Gold Sequins] and you’re done! ?
GIVEAWAY: $200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/13/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 03/15/2022.