Today I am so happy to be participating in Altenew’s Blog Hop celebrating the release of the Build-a-Flower: Giant Bellflower! I have to admit — when I saw this stamp set, and saw some samples, I loved it right from the beginning. It is really so beautiful and the flowers turn out textured and gorgeous!
For today’s blog, I wanted to make a card that resembles real giant bellflowers…. and it didn’t hurt that purple is my favorite color…. LOL! ? I opted for a softer look than simply purple and white… so I made the background a soft cream color. I think this also works because purple and yellow are complementary colors on the color wheel. I have listed the easy steps below for you to create your own card!
ALL SUPPLIES ARE LISTED & LINKED FOR PURCHASE BELOW!
Follow these steps to make this card:
- Start with a piece of 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ cardstock.
- Run this through your die cutting machine using the Dotted Swirls Debossing Die. (I love debossing to add subtle texture to card backgrounds.)
- Ink blend the card panel with Vanilla Cream ink.
- Use a mini-cube of Hydrangea ink directly on the right and left edges of a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock for the background panel. Let this dry while you stamp the flowers.
- Use a stamping platform (like a Misti) to stamp all 3 layers of flowers and 2 layers of leaves TWICE, according to the included Layering Guide. (I used Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet, Minty Mint & Just Green Crisp Dye Inks.)
- Die cut both sets of flowers/leaves.
- Wrap a piece of 5/8″ purple satin ribbon around the left side of the card panel, using double-sided tape to secure it both front and back.
- Arrange the flowers/leaves in a way that pleases you.
- Adhere the top group of flowers to the card panel with liquid glue.
- Adhere the lower group of flowers with foam tape or squares to give it some dimension.
- Trim the excess flowers from around the card panel.
- Use foam tape to adhere the card panel to the background panel with the inked edges.
- Add your choice of sentiments. I used “love” from the All About You Word Die set.
- Add some embellishments [vanilla pearls] and you’re done! ?
GIVEAWAY: $200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/06/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 03/09/2022.